Saturday, January 27, 2007

People Like Me

Laughing and poking fun,
it's not always funny to everyone.
People so inconsiderate of others around,
They don't seem to care
if they cause someone to fall down.
Judgements being made everyday,
Because of who you are,
Or what you do on a bad day.
They don't think that the words they say,
will affect anyone in any way.
"Hey...you look so sad, can I get you a razor
so you can make a scar?",
they say and laugh so hard.
Little do they know that I'm the one scarred.
And at each-what they call- "harmless joke",
I scar even more,
Not only on the outside,
but deep into my soul.
Trying so very hard to not let it get to me,
but it's only getting harder,
why can't they just leave it be?
I dealt with it,
Defeated it,
and put it in the past,
but it seems like it came back so fast.
Why can't they just wake up and see,
that people deal with this...maybe...
People like me.

1 comment:

Galliana said...

Wow girl...all i can say is that i love this one the most. I love how the words flow and come together. And, i for sure know what you mean by everything. If you need anyone, you know im here.

yEStERYEar