Saturday, January 27, 2007

What Makes Love Great

What makes love so great?
It's such a big risk,
that I'm willing to take.
It's amazing how quickly
I tend to fall,
because of every late night phone call.
It starts with a rose,
then a teddy bear,
next comes a bracelet,
or a necklace to wear.
Two arms wrapped around me,
that make me feel so loved.
Two arms that make me feel
like he could be the one.
Every soft, gentle kiss,
hello or good-bye,
tells me that he cares,
and that it's gonna be all right.
Every joke he makes,
to bring me up when I am down,
He loves it when I smile
and doesn't want to see me frown.
The look in his eyes,
the way that I feel,
it's so amazing,
because it seems so real.
But what happens when it's not,
Or when all the magic's gone,
and was never there at all?
One heart gets broken,
It's almost never both.
Tears won't stop flowing,
can it get any worse?
Love begins and ends with a fall,
The risk that I took is what I should blame it on.
So what is it that makes love so great?
Maybe love is not so great after all.

1 comment:

Galliana said...

wow. that was really great. deffinetly did not suck. I see where you are coming from on all the things you talked about and all of it was so true....great piece!

yEStERYEar