Thursday, January 25, 2007

a safe place

I sit, a Ken doll head staring at me, next to a gold pig...man, I miss this. These kids don't quite know yet how lucky they are to be in here. A list, not taken seriously, a prompt, supposed to be serious and sincere. Does it make you nervous, the way he leans over your shoulder, observing...thinking, reading...learning..? The yellow and purple walls, the numerous posters (my favorite: the feeling wheel), the music playing - softly beckoning you to greater lands...places of poetry of honesty of vulnerability of peace. Do it. Take a risk, write something true and beautiful and....you. I miss this hour of my day where anything goes, when I have a safe place to say what I gotta say and just get it out, just put it down on paper, show my colors. In this room, I have power because I give myself power and I believe in my power. and then he says "find a period" so I leave this part blank

2 comments:

Ill uhh Noy said...

wow. This is awesome! I agree totally. seems like the class had wuite an impact on a lot of people, I miss it a lot too. good piece though I hope you keep writing I've really liked reading your stuff.

sistermaryclarence said...

T!! i miss his class so much. you have no idea, i just want to take it again. over and over and over. man. shoot.

yEStERYEar