Monday, January 15, 2007

My Own Epiphany

My calling
My flashing light
My sign from above
My passion
My dream
A rediscovered love
I've been waiting for something to happen all year
an answer
finality
all that I've sought
not ending the unknown my biggest fear
College?
Work?
An empty profession?
Or a life lived aimlessly with no direction?
For three calender years that has been my question.
What to become,
Who to "be"
Decide. Right now the future-set me.
The grasp. The hold
What's out there for me?
But it's all been inside of me the whole time
mostly executed by ryhme
the poems
the writings
all the words
have been soaring out of me like fleeing birds
And yet I've been trying to keep them dead
pushed away and hidden under my bed
Uncertainty
Question
Doubt
Fear
And yet my words have been the key all these years
This is it
The window I wanted
A day that matters
now each passing month won't make me sadder.
Enlightning
Eye opening
Ms. Whis freshman year you're more than done,
That is all thanks to the senior one.
Because you put me through those three years of strife
and you killed the dream he brought back to life.
Relief
A sigh
No more danger
I'm going to try to be that english major.
I feel in my head, I should hear a symphany
Because I finally had My Own Epiphany.

Thanks Mr. Leyba

1 comment:

sistermaryclarence said...

damn kid
that was the shit,
you are real good.
keep writing.
i love it.

yEStERYEar