Monday, February 26, 2007

Best friends or maybe something more

You’ve been my best friend since the first grade, your eyes open wide; you were always the last one to hate. We were so carefree; we had no worries in life, we thought life was grand, we were always together, side by side. By the sixth grade, I had come to like you more than a friend, more than anyone before. When it was brought up, I just denied it. I was too scared of what everyone would think. Life moved on, next to come: middle school. We stayed close friends, laughing and having fun, little did we know what was to become. Highschool came sooner than ever, you went there, I went somewhere else. We occasionally talked, but it wasn’t like before. We were missing out on each other’s lives. We were growing apart, and we were letting it slide. Sixteen years of my life is what we were celebrating, I wanted you there because ten of those years were spent with you, and all you did was care. The night was grand. I had a blast. A lifetime is how long I wanted it to last. The night finally ended, everyone went home. Everyone except you, you were the last one to go. The signs were so clear on that night, but I guess I chose not to realize it. You told me good night and happy birthday. I nodded and told you the same, brushing it off as a simple good bye, not knowing what I had just blown. You wouldn’t talk to me for days, days turned into weeks, weeks into months. Months later I realized what I had done. I was so caught up in me, me, me, that I didn’t take time to notice how you were truly feeling. I called you up to ask just how bad you were hurt. You said you were fine, you sounded ok, things were back to the way they were before my sixteenth birthday. Finally, now that we’re at the same school, I thought we’d become better friends, but I was only a fool. It wasn’t til junior year was almost over, that I wondered why we weren’t together. So much in common, so much done together, you knew all about my past, you held no grudges, and our friendship would undoubtedly last. But still, I can’t quite grasp…why I feel this way. I never saw it coming, I never thought I would say, I fell for my best friend, and I can’t imagine the price I’ll pay. Over the years of our friendship I have come to see what a great guy you are, but you won’t give me the chance, and so you will never see, that you are the only one who can kindle my broken heart. I want you to know, I want you to see, just how much you mean to me. For now I’ve fallen so deeply in love with the someone who I mistakenly let go.

1 comment:

Galliana said...

wow. i know what your talking about and falling for your best tends to scare the crap out of a lot of people. i would know. Try to talk to him. just him. and see if you can rekindle things....you never know!

yEStERYEar