Sunday, February 11, 2007

maybe we'll go too far, we just don't care

a string tugged on my collar bone, pulling me towards the door. i listened for any noise, heard the hum of the dishwasher and opened my eyes wide as if i had just drank a venti. my shaky hands found my glasses and i slowly opened my door and listened for noise again. it was one of those urges, my midnight snack. couple steps down the hall, i grabbed for my vice. my chocolate, my potato chips, my licorice. the strings pulled up to prepare for the snack i had been craving from earlier that day. before when i couldn't feel your insults or misunderstanding. now it was dripping onto my skin, staining everything in sight. my eyes closed for the first time as i savored the sweet flavor. i wiped up the creation and the strings pulled everything down. my urge now replaced with the sting of salt and binging. i take my glasses off and lay down. i'll clean up in the morning.

1 comment:

Sam Swa said...

I love it, i feel the same way. Caught up in other people and their thoughts that we lose track of ourselves, our thoughts. some times the only time you truely feel like your self is when no one else is watching

yEStERYEar