Tuesday, February 06, 2007

you're right, it is easier to write dark.


i could sit here all day and dig into my thoughts to find some light. truthfully, i feel more passionate about bad experiences, they evoke the creativity in me. guess my emotion.




my eyes can't blink, i don't feel the cold or the touch of your hand. my brain no longer has a sense of itself. i lay in bed and i cannot distinguish my lips from my chin. nor can i tell the difference between night and day, happiness or sadness. my tears have dried up and my mouth remains closed and emotionless. i don't feel, i don't love or taste or hurt or see. crazy thing is, i don't even care. i don't care if my stomach is growling, or my favorite show is on or that it's the first day of summer. everything is nothing. the nothing that creeps into every crevice and pore of my body and allows me to be nothing. i simply exist among my body, my hands, my life. even these words, they mean nothing to me, they simply exist.

2 comments:

NashvilleBlues said...

I agree with the bad experiences evoking more creativity in us. It seems so much easier to write about. Great piece...keep up the good work.

LloydDobbler said...

I kept waiting for you today--in that silence. You guys are on the brink of doing something special. What was that vibe in there? You are my official mood ring in there. Talk to me goose.

yEStERYEar