Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Son God

i was sitting conflicted
looking for a new mission
when i noticed a pen
i took time to sit on the fence
my grass was always green
i looked over and saw a serene scene
it was mystical and rather obscene
the dream team of scavenger schemes
looking at me, as though i were mean
i sat back and laughed at the fact
that they attempted to attack
when they all acted whack
sitting on my alcove of lost hope
my fence, gave me quotes
i spoke and realized it wasn't dope
it was imagery, a common fallacy
my heavy breath sat with discontent
while i attempted to find, i took a strides
stepping up and choking, gasping for air
i slit ropes with heavy fists of unborn kids
the brains in my cranium is a new wave of sanitation
she gave me means for master-racism
she was the devil in her majesty
holding scepters of prestigious entity
the carnivores look forward to the hoard
when we can sit back and play bored games
the devil and i got along fine
after we decided to change sides
we looked back at the mystery climbs
and rusted ladder rungs to the memories we decide
that's when god came to realize
every piece of mischiefed is winterized
inverted in this holding cell, we found it to be hell
finding an escape rout, as we looked out for the devout
this wooden floor keeps me board
waiting for the memories i contorted
waking up to find another man went blind
looking for an exit out of the love hate that begs for it
another control freak, looking for vestiges that seek
hair to slick back and wait for the dream team to speak
shining on the tiles, reflecting all the miles
the faces of the well traveled followed my child's hideouts
sitting in the vision, looking for my diction
reading my own wishes, holding this interest
seeking my missions
trying to find god in a world so full of fake faith
trying to disprove god in a world so full of hate
trying to live life, without embracing my fate
I'm still alive, I'm not done on this planet
I'm still alive, I'm not done with this handout
see, life is like a worksheet, busy work and discouraging
if its easy then we've stuck to the routine
sitting back with something toothy
i do believe in god, but i don't believe in prophets
i do believe in prophets, but i don't believe in hypocrites
find something more common in humans than lies
and you've found the missing link
looking for the chain that thinks
searching for the weakest link.

-One of my favorite poets/musicans once stated in a song, "i don't have a god complex, you've got a simple god."

~Thinking a lot lately.

Love,
Digress

No comments:

yEStERYEar