Friday, February 02, 2007

Best Friends?

I don’t believe you
I don’t believe you when you say you miss me
or when you call me your best friend
I just don’t believe you
How can you say those things?
When in reality you ditch me and forget to call
You make it hard to believe
Believe in friendship
My past has been hard and at some points
It seemed like my cloud was lined with a dull ugly grey
Like there was no silver lining
No happy endings
But the past is gone and the future is now
But it wasn’t any different
Actually, you weren’t any different
You were the exact same as them
Those people who shredded my heart and made me question what friendship was
You are them, but you appear innocent and pure as a child
I once said you can’t live life without a best friend
But I was mistaken
I’m still alive
And I still just cant bring myself to believe you

3 comments:

Galliana said...

I really like that. And its very true.....good job, its an awsome piece!

NashvilleBlues said...

I can totallly relate...Does this happen to about a certain someone that you and I were both friends with last year and she was a senior? Let me know...but great piece!

sistermaryclarence said...

this is so true. me and my bestfriend are in a bine. and she just doesnt understand how i feel. this is a great write. keep it up. i like reading your stuff.

yEStERYEar