Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Goodbye

So this is it
The end
It’s too soon
But nothing can change this
I’m so afraid
Afraid of saying goodbye
When it feels like I just said hello
I’m so afraid
Afraid to go and say my
goodbyes
They say you’re awake now
But your not there
You can see me
But not know me
You can’t say, that’s Lauren
Oh how she has grown in the last five years
Since our family was shredded to pieces
By her and cold empty heart
Our family has only begun to repair the open wounds
And you won’t be there
To see them heal
Because there is only goodbyes left
But you can’t say them back
My feelings aren’t complete
Because I don’t know how to feel
We weren’t that close
But you were, you are an amazing man

1 comment:

NashvilleBlues said...

Wow...that was an amazing piece. So much feeling that is so true and vivid...great piece! Keep up the great writing!

yEStERYEar