Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I want a Window


My window is clean and when the light is just right my reflection is oh oh oh so lean.
My window ain’t to my soul cuz that crap is so old
if you want to look inside me then ask me hard questions
cuz I ain’t ascared.
My window distracts me and pleases me and brings outside into me. Intimately.
My window is a time lapse
a concentration relapse and I don’t think you’re ready for this mishaps.
My window is sunglasses and five minutes between classes
and it makes the clock hands move like molasses.
My window is a movie and people peer in cuz they never knew me
but they wanted to so they walk by the window and wonder what they wanna know.
I heard them talking.
My window is like life
some people look in
and
some people look out
and those of us inside here we know what it’s all about cuz our window gives meaning unlike that bad light from the ceiling
and we lookout together
and we write as a feeling.
My window is the feeling in my gut and the tight in my chest
and you get quiet when I let you look inside and see the unrest
but it’s honest and it’s clear
like a window you can’t see.
My window you hear.

2 comments:

jumpnjibboo said...

Some glass surfaces reflect other glass surfaces, so you're just looking at infinity, that thing which you thought was impossible to comprehend.

sistermaryclarence said...

you know sir. i enjoy reading this, because
A. you gave me courage
B. you believed in me
C. i created my own window
D. I cant wait to look inside yours, and understand more.
thank you for your support.
honestly, there is no better teacher, thank you.

yEStERYEar