Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Letting You Down

Innocent years,
Daddy’s little girl.
You’d pick me up in your arms, and give me a whirl.
Six years of you and me dances.
No worries about my future romances.
Sharing butterfly kisses.
Singing along to the song,
Little did we know
that the road ahead was long.
It all began when high school started.
My grades were slipping,
and you knew I was smarter.
Hanging out with the wrong crowd.
Doing stuff, that I knew wasn’t allowed.
You have your ways of finding it all out.
You’d give me lectures,
but I wouldn’t have heard it,
even if you shouted.
One mistake after the other.
You hated how I had no respect for my mother.
No matter how bad the consequences were,
I’d go back to my old habits,
My old ways.
Things got worse, I got in trouble with the law,
I had screwed up big time,
and was about to lose it all.
Disappointed in me;
I cost you five hundred bucks,
Once again the middle child screwed up.
You’d think I’d learn after so many times,
I pushed your last buttons, when you found the wine.
You decided to send me away to a new school.
You wanted me to get a fresh start,
and to not break the rules.
I thought, …ah what the heck?...
It might be good to start off fresh.
It wasn’t long til I got in trouble,
And this time, I cost you more than double.
On a cold October, Saturday night,
$2500 is what it cost this time.
Being this bad of a daughter,
should seriously be a crime.
I’ve caused you so much more pain
than you ever should’ve known.
All my chances to prove myself,
I have now blown.
I’m in debt to you, over my head.
I owe you nearly one grand times ten.
All I’ve ever done is let you down,
Make you waste money- on my stupid mistakes…
Money that you rightfully earned.
So many mistakes,
I’m always falling down,
I keep trying harder, but it’s in my tears
that I seem to have drowned.
All the lies I have told, and the promises unfulfilled,
Always letting you down,
it’s your heart I’ve probably killed.
That’s all I do, is let you down,
and cause you pain,
that you never should’ve known.
Everytime I try to do something right,
it always turns out wrong.
I guess it’s just my luck of the draw.
I want you to know that I’m trying-
I will from now on,
And that I’m very sorry that
I’m always letting you down.

1 comment:

yEStERYEar