Monday, February 26, 2007

Name something about which you feel deeply and describe why you feel that way.

My voice has always been a huge part of my life, from expressing my anger through ear splitting screams to the soft gentle hums during my morning shower. As the years have passed, I have lost friends because of fights and loved ones to illnesses. Everyday I wake up still and continue to move on. Through out the day I use my voice to its full extent. There is never a dull moment when I’m using my voice. Whether it’s cracking from the newest cold or the uncontrollable stuttering I get when I talk to fast, my voice is always there. My favorite part about my voice would have to be when I close my eyes and open my mouth and let the notes and words flow out of my mouth like a mountain stream on a sunny day. The notes encircle my body and soul and put a smile on my face. A feeling of warmth and comfort create the notion of a true friend giving a needed hug. As long as the notes are flowing out of my mouth and bouncing off the surrounding walls all my worries drain out. Whether I’m singing on key in the choir or attempting so sing along with my blaring stereo my heart is still full. I feel so strongly about singing because I know that everyday I will wake up with my voice. Although it will change over the years I will still carry that worry free happiness in my heart. The day I sing in Blue in high school and the day I soothe my child to sleep with a faint lullaby will be the same only because I’m using my voice.

2 comments:

NashvilleBlues said...

Wow girl. That was amazing. The imagery was amazing and I actually know what you're talking about. Without singing you feel incomplete, and its like a way out for you whether you are mad, happy, sad, whatever, your voice never fails you...great piece!

Galliana said...

wow. blue kids!!! choir. showers. stress-free. LOOK AT ME!!!!! i can sing! dont you love it? its the feeling, the rush of the risers and the stage, the singing out as loud as possible, the screaches and laughs when you mess up. Its amazing. Only those who do these things know what im talking about. Im sure you do! great writing!

yEStERYEar