Thursday, February 15, 2007

something from a true human mind

You want it, you got it, yeah okay.
I'll drop it
I'm a word, a song, a dare
that flare that makes you come back
can't stay away, say what you only wanna pray
you want my inspiration, my conversation, my annotation
on your pages like you were a book.
pause, rewind, stop to find that I'm trapped in your mind
can't forget, can't regret, you only want what you can't get
you're so lost you can't come back, you'll sell your soul for any cost
for a minute of fame you'll throw a game, for stupid pride you'd stay on your side
Wait, wait, I'm stuck...
...
like a tongue to a pole, like a joint that you roll, like a stomach never full
I'm dissatisfied, detached, dismayed and defeated
I'm tired, I'm trying, I'm TRYING! but my rhymes
just keep dying
they give way to lemon limes and bigger times and greater minds
I won't quit but I'll accept defeat
...sit back and wait for the judgement seat

4 comments:

LloydDobbler said...

sweet.

jumpnjibboo said...

you know, everytime I read one your rhymes the only thing I can say is "...shit..." and almost everytime right after I look around just to make sure no one heard those words escape my lips. It blows me away, really, and it has inspired me many a time to try to rhyme, to flow like you do. I just can't get my words to fit like yours.
I love it. I love your work, the way I feel it when I read it. The way everytime I read it to myself first then can't help but read it aloud. The way your rhymes roll off the tongue. I try different intonations and every one sounds wonderful.

Impressive, very. please, please, please (i'm begging) keep writing, keep your rhymes from dying.

sistermaryclarence said...

tttttttt. honnney been. i cant rhyme if my life depended on it. but this wwasssss super. and i love you. times ten. and because you are my and i repeat my, honey bee.

Іванченко said...

see now, rhymes don't die
they go to a state of pergertory
that keeps us in a sate of lyric theory
we need something that looks like a story
and we walk the plank like you get money in a bank
with each cookie we bake, we add the snake
trying to evade the words we use to esacpe
writing on paper, was a new major, we've got something in our blood
soemthing that we share, its a long distance stare, its a short range glare
a missles we keep under our toes, when kissing the mind that froze
spreading love through ryhmes and words
gotta have a first gotta have a RE-Birth
without that we can't even curse, we can't even be first without being last
so remember, you've started at your past
and you're moving into your present
with a god given talent
stick with us, the writers of free rhyme
we support your perfect word crimes

~Its good to ryhme.

Love,
Digress

yEStERYEar