Wednesday, February 21, 2007

On writing, we will call this a start

It’s been so long since I set my pen to paper
I can barely smell the vapor,
of the last time my words hit the line.
I stuck them in a corner of my mind.
Till late at night, where they tend to shine.
And now they bind me to the man that taught me to rhyme,
the one I never tried to find.

And if I may digress,
I may confess,
that is one evening I will not forget,
cause I do not regret,
I will admit.

A million lights in front of my eyes,
most of them lies,
holding their own ties,
but not the one in my mind.
The one that I made shine.
I say “It doesn’t have to rhyme? Just come from inside?”.

Make it real.
Make it what you want to feel.
Make time stand still, get that chill.
And you know I will,
cause your reading this still.
I let my heart spill.

2 comments:

boogie said...

Well done, sam. I know what you mean by late at night--i need to start writing that stuff down. I has been far too long since i've written as well.

Іванченко said...

time passes, a long view from looking glasses
taking time to find the perfect crime
A GET AWAY planned
a new day to stand
we've gotta keep this land
we've gotta keep our hands
the rhymes went something like that
but now the car is thrashed
poets start books on trash
looking into the past
and realizing the mask of those who passed
realizing the doors and hallways
gotta keep the calamity from fallacies
my guns and ammo are words like BLAMO
a comic book life, a comic book strike
taken aback becase the car wouldn't stop
when the car didn't stop until you unlocked that talk
it was something that had to be done
i'm not talking about car wrecks
i'm talking about words that infest
the infected message that was sent
lights that trick eyes
telling the aspects and every side
it was a smooth ride, a good time
well done well done
keep it real and we'll understand what you feel

~Jolted

Love,
Digress.

yEStERYEar