Wednesday, February 14, 2007

On Teaching A Wishlist

I swear it was a simple list
a list of wishes
things I dream
what I want
like blowin on twenty birthday cakes
and I was nearly cussin sons of cousins
and now my head aches
make a list and put in some pictures
it’s simple we ain’t writin scriptures
give me a vision let the words make decisions
just show and don’t tell cuz tell day blows always was always will
I need words that show
like tongues stained from rainbow suckers
and not made up words like deluxer
and then comb the wishlist
with a fine tooth
and 86 the cliché
cuz those are now gone and illegal
our new words are paintings that bounce off purple walls
sounding so regal
and then change it again so it says I AM
Yeah, I Said Change It

Damn Leyba you’re killin me shifting my flow what the hell do you know? My wishes was shiny and slippery as fishes and now you want I AM?
I’ll tell you who I am
I am word a stained tongue
I am the skin of the young
I am the shame after losing the game
I am the dropped jaw after hearing the blame
I am lemon lime rhyme sour with power
Words are my ingredients like sugar and flour
Baking you
Involuntarily taking you
to the image I want
I am the writer

Yeah, like that
Just trust me

2 comments:

Іванченко said...

well geeze Leyba, our flow
something that doesn't go
like a trike stuck in the snow
its wind blown cascading over hate
the rocky surfaces of the number eight
time to emphasize, dunderheads won't super size
i've got lesson plans, ego clans
fighting off the I AM
sit back and enjoy the track
moonlight bouncing off mirriors
garlic beads and vampires
mist and fog that escapes the bog
mind blown, outspoken
pens were just a token
playing video arcades
til eggs cracked the day
we've got the wishes
now we all need our visions.

~don't give up, they'll get it eventually.

Love,
Digress.

boogie said...

That'll get 'em fired up.

P.S. Doug, you're a freak--few people can spit stuff like that out so easily they leave it in a comment box.

yEStERYEar