Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Colors of Love

These tears won’t stop falling down my face,
falling
faster
and
faster,
gathering in an ocean at my feet.
I know I’m not the one to blame for them,
It’s you,
Or is it me?
So many words left unsaid,
drowning in my silenced words,
I’m trying ever so desperately to tread.
I glance over at you,
hoping to catch your gaze,
Your eyes are so easy to get lost in,
They make me want to lose myself forever.
Could my eyes do the same for you?
Because in all these tears cascading down my face,
I could certainly get lost too.
If I could describe what I’m feeling in just one hue,
Why it would be red…
No…black…
Wait!…Blue…
Red is a color of passion and strength,
Black is the unknown, a mystery, and a lying fate.
Blue is a color that speaks the truth,
Calmness, happiness – what I feel when I’m with you.
So I guess it’s a reddish-blackish-blueish kind of hue.
But I’d be lying if I didn’t include the color green.
The terrible, monstrous color of my envy.
The only thing I want for you is to be happy,
And you are.
So why do I feel this way?
Why am I jealous?
Why am I filled with all this……greenness?
I know what it is,
I’m just scared to say it,
Though I so desperately want to scream and shout it.
I’ve fallen.
Not over something,
But I’ve fallen for you.
However, you don’t seem to notice,
You seem to be blind,
Something is blocking your view from these feelings of mine.
All this pain that I’m feeling,
I know my love is true,
But I can’t handle it anymore,
Please…
Tell me there’s a way
I can fall out of love with you.

3 comments:

Galliana said...

really good. it sort of draws you in from the begining. i like how you end your poems. It wraps it all up. I especially love this piece because it is not about how do i fall in love with you...its more of how do i fall OUT. I really like how you put this one together. :-)

Іванченко said...

"...Falling in love is easy. Falling out of love takes a bit of practice
I'm good at both without even owning a mattress
I never asked for a kiss without deserving one.
If you never saw me cry before
wait for the next time I wake up on the wrong side of the floor..."

(Message Sent) BY: Sage Francis
Album: Personal Journals

~made me think of that verse

Love,
Digress.

TaryLou said...

green is my favorite color.
now i'm starting to wonder if that's to blame for everything you've written about?

i've been inspired to write a piece thanks to you.

p.s. boys suck!

yEStERYEar