Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I Am

I am the unseen shadows of the night,
I am a stereotype - my own - I am me.
I am the good role model that my little brother looks up to,
I am the 4.0 that I'm constantly compared to.

I am all the lies that I've so thoughtlessly told,
I am the tear drop, falling from my blue eyes,
releasing all that is untold.
I am the rain drop falling to the ground
with no fears or second thoughts,
I am the water cascading out of the faucet,
cleansing all that I touch.

I am the memory of all that is soon to be forgotten,
I am in a movie-it's called my life - and it has plenty of action.
I am the survivor of a fatal heart attack,
I am good karma, bad karma, and the ever so popular payback.

I am the apology accepted by the one who killed my own blood,
I am the heart that is strong, resistant, and completely unbreakable.
I am all the scars from my past that make me - me,
I am the all star athlete - Olympian soon to be.

I am a bright 'n' shiny sports car
not the beat up car that I appear to be,
I am the fish that, I know, is really afraid of me.
I am the one and only person that can fly,
soaring over the lands and into sky,
Above the mountains I am lifted,
I am all the things that are on my wish list.

I am what I am,
I am me.

3 comments:

sistermaryclarence said...

thats deep, keep that up. its great stufff. keep writing from the heart.

Galliana said...

its really great. i wish my I AM's were as good as that...keep on writin.

LloydDobbler said...

yes!

yEStERYEar