Sunday, February 25, 2007

She was the perfect Rubix cube

Black hair and blue eyes
she spoke to me in nothing but lies
she told me she'd hold me
but gave me nothing homely
i was broken glass and she was the jaw
rebirth seemed to be her ominous curse
telling me the things about far dreams
i was lost in the lies she tried to feed
confused in the back room
while she searched for her vacuum
void filling the gaps between her eyes
peach fuzz grew on my sides
while she told me stores of olden days
and how very far she'd moved away
these lenghty conversations died
we broke rings and burned the ties
close relatives looked with greedy eyes
a southern wind gave us another reason
taking trips to escape the hurt full season
false hope given in solid ropes
chains that flinch gave us a glimpse
while i choked her with my clumsy lips
vocal chords tallied up our fighting words
teardrops that filled cups with sores
we didn't talk so we circled our relationship in chalk
on the broken concrete of the street the people walk
looking back into the future it was a terrible sight
same mundane routine every night
the future planning was our insight
introspective about our delight
she told me stories, acted like i was the other boys
gave me reason to use her mind like a toy
evaluate the things i never did
and pretend like i gave her, let give
religious in a sense of missing hints
a clue she buried in my belly
saw the light of day eventually
how much she loved me
she was serious about the hunting
shaving my face, becoming a new race
looking for goods in corners she built
she didn't intend to use her skills
i was enthralled in the way she threw pills
affection sickness cured with her diction
age limits on pain pill prescriptions
love sick for the new found afflictions
this life was too complicated
like a world of letters newly dictated
interrupted by the uneasy decay
this was another shade of grey
giving me green flowers on the date
future tense were the only words passed
we fell like leaves to the sinking of our knees
sulking in the foyer for the last known disease
infected by the affection that we decided was relief
giving me shiny things, distracting eyes of disbelief
pampered
but loves were better for the wetness
directed to the conclusion of this
she tossed me on a rock and gave me a hard place
told me what i needed to win the race
so now i can keep my own pace
I'll never forget that she hated his name
when she called me it she turned me to flame
burning in the back yard, another fight will give another scar
bossy like the buildings that scrape the sky
life woven with mishandled fallacy
now reduced to rubble, right in front of my eye
my inward looking eye, i was just another guy
i was just a shattered window in the sky
laced green with red pinstripes to distract the city lights

~Makes me crumble to see her like that

Love,
Digress.

No comments:

yEStERYEar