Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Love

I’m about to give up, they’re all the same. Every single one of them. They tell you what you want to hear. “You’re beautiful,” “You’re the one and I want this to last.” They keep on telling you that until they get what they want or they realize you won’t give them what they want. Can’t a guy look for more in a girl? Past the looks, and social status, look deep into her soul, and see her true feelings and share her passions? Help her through the rough times in life, and not run away. Hold her hand through both happiness and strife. One who won’t care about your past or what you dealt with. One that won’t judge you, no matter what. One that whispers he loves you, and sincerely means it. Those three words aren’t meant to be tossed around, because one might be stupid enough to believe them. They’ve all said it, each and every one, but they all ended up leaving, turns out they didn’t truly mean it, and I was the stupid one to actually believe them. With every guy a girl dates, she loses a piece of her heart. She gives her heart away, gets it stomped on, and returned with part of it missing. After a while, it just gets old, the same things keep happening. “You’ll find someone . . . just wait,” is what I’m told. I’m waiting . . . I’ve been waiting, but I can’t wait forever. I want my prince charming to come, my knight in shining armor, but who am I kidding? This isn’t a fairy tale, and all I’ve had are losers in aluminum foil: Fakes. Lying their way to get into my heart, they make it in, then rip it apart. I want one guy, that’s all I ask. One guy to show me that this is all worth it, that not every guy is the same, that there’s someone out there who will treat me right. I want that - passionate, out of this world, head over heels, butterflies in the stomach, out of the ballpark homerun - kind of love. A love that is true. A love I’ve never had.

1 comment:

Galliana said...

I like it. Its your own. Its cliche yet really very original, as i was reading through it i kept coming up with things i wanted to put in this comment but then i got to the end and it was all shot down. IN A GREAT WAY!!!! I really liked how it all flowed together. Great job!

yEStERYEar