Monday, February 26, 2007

What change have you noticed lately about yourself?

The alarm clock rings, I don’t want to wake up. I throw a pillow at it, but that’s like searching for a hidden stop watch that’s going off…and throwing things around the room is not going to stop the horrible beeping…A half an hour of hitting the infamous snooze button goes by and slowly I start to roll out of bed. Walking out of my room, nearly half asleep, I run into to the drying rack that is protruding out from where it’s supposed to be. Recovering from the sudden surprise I scream, “Are you kidding me!?” I finally made it to my first destination in my morning routine. Now that I am nice and clean, I gaze into the foggy mirror and what do I see? I see a girl I don’t know staring straight back at me. Eyes barely open and dark circles underneath, all my days have been filled with lack of sleep. Staying up til all hours of the night, I can’t seem to calm my storming mind. So many things going on that I can’t control…but I want to…you see, I want to solve it all. Tossing and turning – it’s called wide awake exhaustion. At the end of the day, I am so tired, but I have so many things on my mind that keep me wide awake even though I am extremely exhausted. Mirror, mirror on the wall, please tell me why you won’t let me see the girl I wish to be? Don’t fog up the reflection of me. I am who I am. End of argument, so don’t try to distort the me I see. Off to school like any other day, the only difference is, the girl I used to be is in my past to stay.

1 comment:

Galliana said...

I really liked the ending. The piece had some great visual parts to it and i really liked that you used some metaphors and stuff. Great piece!!!

yEStERYEar