Saturday, February 10, 2007

listening

I've been hearing these hideous things
the words that you've been comiserating
the pop culture overture is boring
its now in my words i'm storing
on this internet blog
at four in the morning
if i could escape the touring
i'd run away from this fate
but its been following me, labled "HATE"
so i turned around and accepted it message
and heard the things it said
it made no sense when it resorted to this
@#$% the clairty, and enter the misery
of your simple petty reminding
would you like to go on pining?
or just wondering where your life is winding?
i've got wind under my heels, and holes in my sails
i've been on this ocean for a decade
waiting for rescue ships to cascade on my parade
throwing parties in my basement
sent the mini-market to a new department
my sanity is in a television screen that i don't watch
while my ego is encased in the glass words of i am
so take my hand and enter this constant sand
the aparture of new apartment lands
light escaping the hate they brew
the beer and football overflows out windows
while white trash holds its hands in the glow
fire burned in the simple lands of kurds
destruction was a new induction
seduced by the things they introduced
the songs were so groovy
and the sounds we so moody
take my hand and take this plan
we've got a new era ahead of us
but i'm strangling to establish
paralax of introduction tracks
my fake facade is a description of the pod
this underground milligram pill came in to prod
productions and prophalatic tours
holding back the composers scores
wondering about the unwritten overtures
my mind is bothered, sitting here alone
its just me, just that, just him, just alone
just told, just sold, just broken bones
just a song, just a poem, just words
just a blog, just an expression
just a face, just a direction
so whats that called? APATHY
apathy is my greatest friendly
its the one that holds me, i've got no empathy
or at least, that they can see.
so remember when i talk about milligram sanity.

~keeping chilled
Love,
Digress.

2 comments:

Sam Swa said...

damn doug, i wish i could rhyme like you, im still working on it, im starting to figure out its more of a feeling than actual words, but anyways, this is really good

sistermaryclarence said...

i have one thing to say to you.
AMAZING. thanks for posting this. just thank you. so good.

yEStERYEar