Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I want a window...

I want a window to see my future. I want to look out and about and see through, over, and beyond what there is to come. I want to look past the bright pink window panes and look at the grass, trees, streets and lights that resemble what is to come. I want to roll around in the sweet smell of fresh cut grass in the summer, resembling the thorns that poke you in the side every once in a while. I want to watch the cars pass by me, and wonder where they are in a hurry to get to and why there are always so many, every hour of the day. I want to warn them to slow down and enjoy life because you never know when you will have to slam on the breaks to avoid an accident. I want to stare directly into all the lights of the posts, headlights, and any other form that makes me wish there were none, so that all of us could look up -really look up- and see the stars. Wonder what they hold. What other people, like us, and maybe nothing like us, that are out there. I want to look at all the trees, some strong and some weak. Like a connection to us, that are waiting to be watered with the rain, and i want to borrow its limbs to climb, so i can be high, and i can see. I want a window to know. A window to wisdom and a window to knowledge. To be certain about things to greet me in a year, a day, a second, a minute, or 30 years. To make my conscience clear. To set the anger free. Someone. Set me free.

No comments:

yEStERYEar