Wednesday, February 07, 2007

a response to your plea

Something light...something light...? Like, maybe the way it makes me feel when I wake up and the sun is just barely rising and I see those pink and purple and orange streaks in the sky? Or when I do 100 sit-ups and my abs hurt so bad but all I can do is laugh and laugh until it hurts so bad I wanna stop but I just can't? Or what about waking up from a nap with a smile on my face because I just had a dream about curling up in his arms and taking a nap? Hmm, I wonder if what you mean is (I suppose it might be) that first big drop of a roller coaster feeling, the one where your stomach rises to your throat or drops to your feet (I suppose it changes from person to person) and you scream and (hopefully) your mouth waters and that makes you drool and it hits you in the face...and you live in that single moment with its twists and turns and loopy loops and there's nowhere else you'd rather be. Maybe something light could be something dark...like a dark room with candles lit and roses (or tulips) on the table and her (or him) smiling across at you and sharing a piece of cheesecake. Or could it be something heavy? Like being unafraid to be completely vulnerable and honest and open and letting somebody know you, the real you, the you you are when you're alone. Something heavy like L-O-V-E.

1 comment:

LloydDobbler said...

Man, you are freakin goo goo gah gah happy. I hate you. I'm going to go cry in the shower and then do some empty barbell bench presses to get stronger so I can smack around happy people. Ways out! I love the joy! Be free my child! Run under the sun and pet the goats and stuff.

yEStERYEar